Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Best Things About Being A Fat Bastard

The Decemberists sing "Where to begin - I tasted summer on your peppery skin." Lyrical, metaphorical but also startling appropriate when taken literally, as I'm hoping this group shall.

Having not been an official "Fat Bastard" for long I can only pontificate about my somewhat limited experiences thus far. Is it the comradary, the facebook group, the kinship? I don't know. But all I can say is that life prior to being a fat bastard, weepingly referred to as the 'Before I'd Ever Been to Me EraTM' , was empty and incomplete. Before you start crying "Cult" and labelling the originater of the group a "crazy over-zealous booze-hag bent on world domination" take a moment to ponder some of the benefits that this group is bringing to our lives (which I shall bring to you in list form) -
  1. We are now able to be collectively fat and will no longer be singled out in society.
  2. Won't have to worry about feeling rude for taking the last bit of cake, as there will never be a last bit of cake.
  3. No longer will we be judged by the size of our plates, but on the context of our character.

So let us stand in solidarity! I believe I may have run out of quotes and cliches, but yes, this should be fun.

No comments: