Monday, February 22, 2010

The history so far...

Below is the news feed from the Fat Bastards Association's Facebook page. I have decided to post it here if anyone happens to come across this blog and start following it. Join our group by searching for Fat Bastards Association if you want in on the events!


23/08/2009
Originally when I started this group, the plan was that everyone comes up with ideas and hosts their own events. It has become evident that I am the only one with enough enthusiasm to follow through on it (challenge me if you will). SO, instead I am going to plan events well in advance in hope that you guys might pick one to take over and mould into your own creation. Oh by the way, less than a week until "To Market", still no ideas for what we could make on the wall. I will post some more ideas today, feel free to add to them. See you there!

09/08/2009
Not long now till the next FBA event! Just thought I'd let y'all know that I have put two recipes up on the Recipe Swap - haven't had any other input yet… BORING. You can find it on the discussion board of the FBA page. Also, we need some ideas on what to cook for ‘To Market’. I have put one up, thoughts or other ideas are most welcome. I have another event idea in the making - it’s super nerdy (the best way). So keep an eye out, and all will soon be revealed. Hehehe… snort.. BYE!

16/07/2009
This association needs an excitement injection…
In light of seeing the new Harry Potter movie last night, I remembered that we need another FBA event since having to cancel the Food of Harry Potter. I have realised that not everyone is as passionate about the wizarding world as I am, so this one's a little more broad in taste targets. Keep an eye on your event invites - should have it there by the end of today.
In other news, I have started a discussion on the page called Recipe Swap. Pretty self explanatory really. Hope you're all well and keeping warm and free of flu. See y'all at the next event!

02/05/2009
Time for a new FBA event! Once again it's been WAY too long. I promised a Harry Potter influenced event, and finally I am delivering. You should receive an invite shortly after reading this news update. Not much else to report, since last news update was after the last event. I hope everyone has been holding up the FBA flag, I have. Went last night to a reasonably new restaurant, and was not disappointed. See review below in the discussion area. Keep on eatin' and see y'all at the Harry Potter night!

03/03/2009
Wow... it's been five months since I last updated this! Too many FBA style activities over summer I think. I'm surprised I can even peel my cheeks off the barstool to get to my computer. Food Art was awesome, quite a while ago now, but the photos posted below have jogged my memory. There was some great use of lateral thinking and creativity on the night, as well as in the preparation. Saturday brought us to the Hopetoun Tea Rooms for High Tea, about which I have posted a review. It was great to see ten members committed to the early start. Even a brand new member Nikki – welcome aboard! Take note of Sarah’s post on the FBA Book Club Wing. Members of the literary mind might like to get in on this. I have, and I must say, am very excited. As mentioned in the Hopetoun Tea Rooms review, Clara and Julian have been inspired to create our own version of High Tea, so keep an eye out for that upcoming event. Also, along the same lines of geekdom as the Book Club Wing, I will be creating a Harry Potter influenced event in the next month or so. Happy eating, drinking and appreciating everyone, see ya soon.

01/10/2008
I did promise three exciting events and a review in the last news update, but did not deliver. Unfortunately my crazy lifestyle hasn't allowed for enough food festivities lately. We did, however manage to get one out, which came in the form of Avocado and Advocaat. The yellow stuff is still in our fridge, and we've moved house since, so that's been interesting. Not as interesting though, as my whole baked avocado on the night. Experimental it was, and all guests did a good job of allowing their taste buds to experiment. Other dishes were a little more conventional, but delicious. Problem was - Avocado in everything was just a bit much. I think if we do this style of event again, the ingredient choice will have to be a little more generic and much less creamy.
Food Art invitations are out - so get crackin on your creations, and see ya there!

02/07/2008
Well, the last FBA hosted event "Return of the Irish" went off without a jig.. It did however, involve a couple of unnamed officers dancing on bench-tops to the great pleasure of the other guests. Africa-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca was also another great success. Everyone loved it, and we had a pretty good turn out too. I've written a review and it will be posted on the blog if you didn't make it and wanna know more.
Other than these couple of events, FBA has been a little quiet lately, but it's time to change that! We have THREE exciting events coming up soon. Keep your eye to the page, and I hope to see you all there!

08/05/2008
OK.. updated news. There has been a severe breach of the unwritten FBA contract by all members who did not show up to Dumps. I do understand it was a bad day to have the event, given most of us were partying hard the night before, so I'll let this one slip. To those who did make it, you're all troopers.
On a more interesting note, the name now has a double meaning, Food-Beer-Art, so if anyone wants to create events on any one of those themes, I'm up for it. They are after all, three of my favourite things in the world. I hope everyone who has committed to the Twin Peaks night is watching up and excited. I know I will be as soon as I have the time. I am creating a couple of new events, so check your calendars. I am also planning on posting some reviews, once I work out the best way to go about it. So if you've missed out so far on visiting any of the fine eating establishments I've had the pleasure of skipping into and rolling out of, you can get a bit of an idea if it will be worth you taking part as well. That's all for now - if anyone has anything to add, please feel free!

14/04/2008
After a common theme of discussion at the Evening of Feeding (Saturday 12/04/2008) involving getting together and eating ourselves stupid - and loving it - I have decided to form a group of people who are not afraid of the Fat Bastard title, at least every fortnight anyway. We will organise a Fat Bastard-like activity round about every two weeks ranging from Dinner Parties, to meals in restaurants new and old and maybe even a good old fashioned Pie Eating Contest! Anyone can organise things, and use this to invite people along. I do believe, that every single person I have invited to join would enjoy these activities to a certain degree. Agreed? I thought so.

1 comment:

KrisSara said...

oh also, the highlighted bits are what I thought might be of interest and inspire new members to create some events.